Thursday, July 16, 2009

How My Love For Makeup Grew

My first distinct memory involving makeup dates all the way back to when I was 6 or 7 when I pulled out a tube of my mom's lipstick and quickly slicked it across my lips as easily as chapstick. My family was amazed at how well a kid could apply lipstick and without the aid of a mirror. At the time I never knew my love for makeup would grow, but here I am, over a decade later, still applying lipstick everyday.

My real love of makeup began last summer when my sister got married. It was a destination wedding in Aruba so I made the decision to do my own makeup. So of course my mom, my sisters, and I made out way over to our local MAC counter for makeovers. This was the day I learned to use more than one color eyeshadow on my eyes- it was a complete epiphany!

I needed to continue learning so I turned to my most reliable source, YouTube. This was where I discovered Xsparkage's tutorial on how to achieve the perfect red lip and the rest is history. 

One year later and here I am starting my own beauty blog. I hope to have fun doing this as well learn a ton tips from fellow bloggers. This probably won't be an easy task but I can't wait to really get started with my posts!

So stay tuned everyone!
xoxo Christine



 



No comments:

Post a Comment